Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Patience is a Beer-chu



Ever since I started my career in the Call Center industry and became a part of Management, my patience has been often tested. I think I have encountered every type of reps; from the know-it-all, emo, passive, ambassador of fairness and equality, war freak, up to the Bibbo hotdogs. They all, at one point tried to push me to the edge.

When I was a younger manager, I would often flip out on reps on their slightest complaint – I guess it was because I always compare myself to them. Most of the time, I would ask myself these questions: “Why can’t they understand these changes?” “Why do they always complain?” “Why can’t they do their job the way I would like them to do it?”


But until now, those questions remained a conundrum. Well, maybe not. I know the answers to the questions because it was explained during our Leadership Trainings. Maybe I just don’t want to understand them sometimes. Yeah, I guess that is the truth about my dilemma. I taught my mind to shut down my capability to understand human flaws.

I am not saying that I always do that. There are just some instances that I don’t want to understand them because I am tired of sympathizing. People are frequently unforgiving and inconsiderate. They would often pity themselves because of the misfortunes and injustices that they think is happening to them. However, do we even stop and think about the unfair things that we did to our friends, colleagues or relatives? I guess, some do, and some don’t.

Maybe the point of this blog is just for me to let someone know (If there’s any chance that someone is reading my blog) that “We have to learn to shut our mouths when bad things happen to us.” We should not inflict the miseries that we are feeling to other people. It is not right and it is utterly stupid. It is not their fault that we have these complications in life. Also, we should not expect that everyone will understand our mood swings, tantrums or problems because WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS. No one likes a whiner. So, if we do not like the people we work with its either we try to work with them in peace or look for another job. Like the famous saying goes – “If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen”.

To end this, all I wanted to say is – “You can complain once but do not rant ALL THE FREAKING TIME!” It is annoying, brings negative vibes and lastly, PEOPLE DON’T GIVE A DAMN. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment